The Nigeria LNG (NLNG) Prize for Literary Criticism Award is a yearly prize endowed by Nigeria LNG (NLNG) Limited to honour the author of the best work. To encourage literary criticism, the Advisory Board of the Nigeria Prize for Literature will reward one critic with the sum of N1,000,000.00.
- Since the aim is to promote Nigerian literature in the world, the prize will be open to literary critics from all over the world. Special considerations shall be given to critical essays on new writings in Nigerian Literature.
- Contestants shall send in three critical essays published in major scholarly journals. Such journals shall have a proven track record of dedication to excellence and must have international circulation.
- No critical essay previously submitted for this competition may be considered at a later date, even if major revisions of it have been made.
- Mere manuscripts will not be considered. Entries not submitted by the deadline and according to stated conditions shall not be considered.
- Only entries published in the year of the competition or within three years before then shall be considered.
- No member of the Advisory Board or Panel of Judges can enter their essay(s) for the literary criticism award in the year they are serving.
Panel of Judges
- Professor Obododinma Oha – Chairman
- Professor Asabe Usman Kabir – Member
- DR Patric Oloko – Member
- Professor Emeritus Ayo Banjo – Chairman
- Professor Jerry Agada – Member
- Professor Emeritus Ben Elugbe – Member
Announcement and Public Presentation of Winners
- The Winners will be announced and presented in October
Application Closing Date
5th April, 2019.