Founded in the last decade by Nigerian Author Chika Unigwe, the Awele Creative Trust (ACT) calls for previously unpublished short story entries for their 2020 ACT Award. The submission window is between November 25 and December 31, 2020. The guidelines are pretty easy to follow, so if you think this is for you, or for a friend you know has an unpublished story of note lying somewhere, do not hesitate to give it a shot.
- Only one story per author will be considered
- Previously published works are not eligible
- Only fictional works are permitted
- Stories must be between 2,500 and 5,000 words
- Submissions must include a cover note with the name, date of birth, e-mail address, and telephone number of the author
- Submissions should be made by e-mail only to email@example.com
- Works translated into English from any Nigerian languages are eligible. Should such a work win, N20,000 of the prize money will go to the translator.
Call for short stories for the 2020 ACT Award. Entries will be accepted from November 25 to December 31, 2020.
Previously published work is not eligible for the ACT award
Only one story per author will be considered
Only fictional work is eligible
— Awele Creative Trust (@AweleCreative) November 23, 2020
Founded in 2013 by the NLNG Prize-winning novelist Chika Unigwe, as an initiative of her Awele Creative Trust, the Short Story Award recognizes the best-unpublished fiction by a writer living in Nigeria, irrespective of nationality, and between the ages of 16 and 26.
Submission window: November 25 to December 31, 2020.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org