OkadaBooks frequently runs paid adverts and organic outreach programs to get new users on its platforms. Programs like these drive thousands of users to the platform to read some of our best books.
How the “Confessions of a Kenyan Uber Taxi Driver” by Charles Chanchori went viral.
We started promoting this book to acquire new users in May of 2018, and since then it has gotten over 3,000 additional downloads.
Where we promote
We promote these books on social media, in the welcome emails users receive when they register on the platform, as paid advertising (spending thousands of dollars) on Facebook and Instagram and in our internal communications via push, email and more.
What kind of books are we looking for?
The success of Charles Chanchori’s book is also due to the fact that it had good reviews, a number of downloads and was priced FREE. While we’re not looking for just free books, here are our criteria
- Book rating of at least 3.5 stars
- Saved to library (or downloaded) at least 100 times
- Pricing from N300 downwards (the lower the price, the easier it is for new users to buy)
- Good book covers and well written content
Here are some examples of books we love:
- For days and a night
- The reunion
- My beautiful sad life
- Holy Sex
How do you apply?
To apply for your book to be on the new user campaign, please fill out this form – https://goo.gl/forms/3No8T4xSz2s72QyK2
* If your book is not free, please indicate the discounted price you’d be willing to sell the book for on this form. The higher the discount, the more likely we are to go with your book!
* OkadaBooks reserves the right to deny any entry it does not deem fit for the campaign. We also reserve the right to decide where and how frequently books are displayed to new users