I’ve always been one to tell writers, especially those just starting out, that being exposed is one of the things to aim for. If no one knows you, no one will read what you write.
Apart from having your blog and social pages where you share your writing for exposure and to pull in readers, participating in awards and contests is another great way to achieve this, and even faster.
As one of the distributor outlet for CFWriterz Magazine, Pelleura is happy to announce that CFWriterz is calling to all creative writers out there to participate in the CFWriterz Biannual Literary Award.
Are you a bad-ass writer? Do you want to win ₦100,000 In The CFWriterz Biannual Literary Award?
Cfwriterz started in Nigeria in 2016, it emerged from being a small literary community on Facebook. The platform eventually became a full Magazine site and digital book publisher. It has since engaged, supported and groomed creative writers all over Africa. Cfwriterz is a place where young and emerging African writers can publish short stories, poetry, and long-form non-fiction.
Authors can now easily distribute ebooks on the cfwriterz store Presently, Cfwriters is calling for submissions of fiction and nonfiction pieces. And the best submission gets ₦100,000 cash price. For details on the submission process, please read it below:
– We accept work from African writers of any background, and/or residence.
– We accept work in English Language.
– Our maximum word counts are 3000 words for pieces of fiction, and 3000 words for non-fiction and 30 lines for Poetry.
– Please send us up to one poem at a time but adhere to the prescribed length. Multiple entries are not allowed.
– We prefer to receive original work, i.e. work that has not been published before. If your work has been published before, please indicate how, where and when.
– We’re happy to publish excerpts from books, scripts, etc. Please indicate whether your submission is an excerpt from your book.
– Similarly, translations are welcome, as long as the source text and author is credited.
This year’s Prize of ₦100,000 goes to a single top literary piece from any genre; fiction, poetry and nonfiction.
SOBCA Academy sponsors this year’s award prize. SOBCA provides Trainings; Anger Management, Emotional Intelligence and Mental Health. SOBCA coaches are professionally certified therapists and counsellors.
They have successfully helped a lot of young people maximize their capacity, fight mental health issues and be more productive in their workplaces and family lives.
For more details about the contest, click here