Your primary goal as an intern with us at OkadaBooks should be wrapped around the desire to learn. If that zeal doesn’t “buuuurn!” as hot, or even more, as that of the Duke of Hastings’ in Netflix’s Bridgerton, let’s just call it quits now. Thank you for reading up till this point. But if it does burn hot and hard, these are some of the real-life situations you’ll be thrown into and expected to come out unburnt:
- Learn how to craft great, easily re-adaptable content for social media, newsletters, push notifications, blog posts and other media all geared towards promoting our authors’ works, whilst maintaining the brand’s vibrant voice and personality.
- Play around with our social media accounts, while making conscious effort to build a loyal following on the platforms
with a carefully thought out social media marketing strategy.
- Working with the Sales team to conceive, plan and execute ads and promotions.
- In the long run, the ability to make proactive decisions in line with company values when the need arises, especially in the absence of your Line Manager. Wouldn’t it be great if you could pick up some managerial traits while interning with us?
- Onboarding new authors. Yes, you’ll be talking to strangers and convincing them that OkadaBooks is the next best thing since sliced bread was invented, and any other legitimate reason you can think of that’ll get them to publish their book(s) with us. Real life work situations, remember?
Who’s a good fit?
- One with great English writing skills and has the ability to adapt and change their style of writing as the need arises.
- One familiar with Canva (or any related design software) and has a good eye for creative designs. In a case where you don’t already know about Canva and its many amazing applications, you must be willing to learn. This is non-negotiable.
- One that’s social media savvy and naturally up to date on current trends. This is important because it’d be great to know what ‘s happening in the literary world as it happens.
- One with a positive “how do we get this
sh*tdone” kind of reaction to issues and tasks as they arise. We have a go big or go home attitude, so you don’t get small tasks as a Intern, you’re part of the team.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. We’ve got a team of experts to support you, but not to run after you. That’s not in anyone’s job description.
- A fun personality with high team spirit yet is able to speak, think, act, and air independent opinions, whether good or bad, without causing an unnecessary uproar.
- Someone with great customer relations, is professional, courteous, and friendly over the phone, text, email, or video.
- Someone who can maximize time and opportunities as they arise
- One with a great attitude towards learning and teamwork.
- Curiosity to know more and experiment. We love questions, and we love to try out new stuff.
- Is comfortable with a casual startup environment. There’s no rigidity or bureaucracy here, only professional vawolence!
What do you gain as an intern with us?
- Have I told you that you’d be working remotely, full-time?
- Internship opportunities at OkadaBooks are designed to tackle real-world problems while you contribute directly to OkadaBooks, giving you practical insights into how you can explore your chosen career path.
- An emotionally intelligent team.
- Access to literary events and books.
- A monthly stipend to help keep body and soul together, while the war against sapa rages on.
Are you the intern we’re looking for? Let us know by filling this APPLICATION FORM.