Kickstart your career with invaluable experience from Nigeria’s leading e-publisher
As a team, we’ve worked with dozens of bright, young minds from across the country to build the brand that we’ve become today, that’s why we believe in giving everyone equal opportunity to work with us at OkadaBooks
Are you a fresh graduate or undergrad looking to get work experience to kick start your career? Here’s your chance.
About our Internship Programme
Our internship programmes give you the opportunity to gain skills necessary to work with a fast-paced, goal driven team across different departments.
Internships are typically unpaid and run for a period of 4 months. They’re designed to tackle real world problems while you contribute directly to OkadaBooks, giving you practical insights into how you can explore your chosen career path.
At the moment, you can intern with the following departments at OkadaBooks:
- Marketing – Get the right message in front of our community and build reach
- Sales and partnerships – Design promotions for some of Nigeria’s top brands
- Content – Build content to connect with over 250k readers
- Media – Create graphics and videos with top professionals
You can work from anywhere as long as you have good WiFi connection. We stay connected over slack. Lagos applicants get extra consideration, with possibility of coming into the Yaba office once in a while
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. We’ve got a team of experts to support you, but not pursue you
- Positive attitude to work. We have a go big or go home attitude, so you don’t get small tasks as an intern, you’re part of the team
- Curiosity to know more and experiment. We love questions, and we love to try out new stuff
- Bias for execution and getting shit done. As a principle, we don’t like to wait around
- Comfortable giving and receiving direct feedback. Both good and bad, we like it when people say it as it is
- Must be a team player. We value people at OkadaBooks, and we value people that work well together
- Is comfortable with a casual startup environment. There’s no rigidity or bureaucracy
Like what you’ve read? Click here to apply.